The Certification of Manufacturer of Special Materials (CMSM) demonstrates that manufacturers of special materials have sufficient competence and experience of the relevant material grades of metal, and the necessary facilities and equipment, to manufacture in the required shapes and sizes with acceptable properties according to the applicable standard, material specification and/or material data sheet by the purchaser. The benefits for certified companies under the CMSM include:
- Clear, high profile independent verification of its compliance with ISO 17782 and NORSOK M-650 requirements.
- Independent confirmation of competence for its manufacturing capabilities and staff in defined scope of activity.
- Conformity assessments carried out by specialist assessors registered by TWI Certification Ltd.
- Increased national and international business potential through registered compliance with an independent, third-party certification scheme in full compliance with ISO/IEC 17065 required.
- Certified companies who manufacture welded products will receive supporting WFCS and EWF/IIW MCS certification of conformity with ISO 3834-2 requirements for the relevant scope of production.
The standards ISO 17782, NORSOK M-650 and ISO 3834 may be referenced by application standards or contractual specifications. Equally, they provide a basis for independent assessment of a manufacturer's competence and capability in advance of a formal contract or product order.
A certified manufacturer will receive a CMSM Certificate and a Manufacturing Procedure Conformity Record (MPCR) schedule. The intention is that a MPCR accepted by one customer should also be acceptable for other customer, within the scope of essential variable certified.
If you require further information, please contact us.